Artificial intelligence (AI) has made many business processes and initiatives easier. From chatbots that improve customer service to programs that help to analyze data better and faster, artificial intelligence technology is changing our business landscape.
One of the areas in which AI is making significant strides is in employee engagement. According to Gallup, only 35% of American employees are engaged in the workplace. FastTrack360 reports that 71% of employers believe that employee engagement is critical to their success. Given that 69% of employees say they would work harder if they were better appreciated, that makes employee engagement a continuing priority for 2020 and beyond.
Artificial Intelligence is helping to improve employee engagement initiatives in the following ways:
- Improving Teamwork. The data provided by artificial intelligence can help managers to predict which employees will work best together on a team. From something as simple as a program that can read team members calendars to set a meeting time to software that allows collaboration of tasks in real time, AI allows teams to work more efficiently, and includes remote workers in the process.
- Improving Responses to Employee Questions. Companies are using chatbots in place of former Frequently Asked Question documents that allow employees to talk with a chat assistant for immediate answers.
- Improving the Employee Onboarding Experience. In one example, a company that uses the DiSC personality assessment system is able to personalize their onboarding information in a way that will best resonate with that individual employee’s personality and learning preferences.
- Improving Timely Training. Another element of employee engagement is the continuous learning and development programs that companies offer to employees. AI can predict those employees that would be candidates for leadership tracks – and also identify those employees who are disengaged and at risk.
- Improving Incentive and Recognition Program Intervention and Issues. A major component of an employee engagement strategy is an employee reward and recognition program. Through predictive analysis, issues involved in employee engagement programs can be identified sooner and intervention or corrective steps put in place more immediately.
Artificial Intelligence promises to be the driver for much of the change in business in the foreseeable future. Improved algorithms and predictive analysis are helping companies to better understand human behavior. AI will allow companies to recruit more accurately and engage employees for the long term through more effective employee reward and recognition programs. In the end though, no matter how good the technology is, human interaction and a properly built recognition/rewards program are a crucial element of driving employee engagement.
To learn more about how Artificial Intelligence can add value to your effective reward & recognition program and employee engagement strategy, contact us today!